When connecting a 0-10V controller to a dimming fixture or circuit, the fixture(s) fails to dim, switching ON/OFF with switch action - but no fading.
The controller has an auto-detect feature which will recognize when a dimming fixture is attached to the purple and grey 0-10V dimming lines.
- Check the wiring. Loose dimming circuit wires is the most common cause of the fixtures not dimming properly
- Check the fixture. Is it working properly?
- Disconnect the dimming circuits purple and grey wires at the controller.
- Short the fixtures grey and purple wires together - the fixture should go full dim.
- Open the fixtures grey and purple wires for open circuit - the fixture should go full bright. If these are not the results of the test then the fixture is faulty
- Monitor the dimming circuit - use a DMM to measure the DC voltage on the purple and grey wires. You should see a range or about 1 V to 10 VDC
- Clear the controller to factory defaults
- Press and hold the controllers CLEAR button for 15 seconds until the red and green LEDs are lit solid
- Press the controllers LEARN button to enter into link mode and link the wireless switch, clicking ON three times
- Exit link mode by pressing the LEARN button again and test dimming using the switch
- If the lights dim, then repeat steps a - c linking any other devices needed
- Watch a video on clearing or resetting a controller to factory defaults: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en9oJPWRcK8&list=PLf7hpwRIIRzrBaOxJXKfi1FL--dseDwFU&index=7&t=0s
- Watch a video on linking a switch to a controller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa2ogFVWQVQ&list=PLf7hpwRIIRzrBaOxJXKfi1FL--dseDwFU&index=11&t=20s