Trying to update software and the E-PCP/E-ACP will not recognize the USB drive.
The root cause of this problem is USB drives that come from manufacturers with oddities in the disk partition table. This cannot be easily fixed in the ERP operating system, but you can re-partition a disk in order to work using the steps below.
NOTE: The steps below require a Microsoft Windows computer.
CAUTION: The steps below will fundamentally alter the USB drive. Please be very careful to select the correct drive that you need to alter and no others.
CAUTION: The steps below will delete all files from the USB drive. If there are important files on the drive, remove them or back them up before proceeding.
- Run diskpart (via command prompt or Win+r/typing in start menu).
- Type list disk and note the disk number of the drive you wish to repartition/reformat.
- Type select disk 'n' where 'n' is the disk number from the previous command.
- Run list disk and note that the disk you wish to repartition/format is selected (indicated with an asterisk). (Optional, but this is important so that you do not accidentally select the wrong disk and effectively wipe your hard drive.)
- Type clean to remove all partitions from the drive.
- Type create partition primary to create the primary partition.
- Type select partition 1 to select the partition you just created.
- Type list partition and note that the partition is selected (indicated with an asterisk) (optional).
- Type active to set the partition as active.
- Type format fs=fat32 label=”your label here” quick to format the disk with your specified drive label. (The label field is optional.)
- Type “exit” to exit diskpart when it is finished.
If these steps do not solve the issue, please contact your favorite ETC dealer or ETC Technical Services.