I have a Mosaic device (an MSC2, for example) plugged into my network. It seems to be online, but it's not showing up in the Network tab of Mosaic Designer. How do I connect to it and configure it?
The likely cause of the problem is that the MSC2 has an IP address in a different range than that of your computer and/or the rest of your Mosaic system. The Mosaic Firmware Upgrade Tool (part of the Mosaic 2 software bundle) should display all Mosaic devices on the network, regardless of IP address or software version.
- Open Mosaic Firmware Upgrade Tool.
- Your Mosaic devices should populate. Those with incompatible software versions or IP addresses will be grayed out.
- Note the IP address of the device you're trying to connect to.
- Change the IP address scheme of your computer to be in the same range as the device, and reboot.
- Open Mosaic Designer, and configure the IP address of the device to be in the correct range.
- Change your computer's IP scheme back to the correct range, and reboot again.
- Reopen Mosaic Designer, and your device should now populate correctly in the Network tab.