The lead-free GX280's from Dell have problems with loading device drivers during system boot. These systems experience a 70 second delay that is seen on the USB bus.
This symptom affects the Emphasis security dongles where Emphasis servers do not function properly at first boot when automatically logged into the Emphasis account.
To work around this issue, USB security dongles were replaced with parallel port dongles.
There is one system change that must be performed to work around this issue, which was included in the Emphasis 2.4 recovery CDs.
- The necessary changes require elevated security privileges so log into either the System Manager or Technical Services user account.
- Open Windows Explorer and right-click on the My Computer item. Select the Manage menu item from the popup menu.
- This opens the Computer Management console.
- Select the Device Manager item.
- From the main menu bar, click on the View menu and then select Show Hidden Devices. When this option is enabled, there will be a small check mark next to the menu item.
- Expand the Non-Plug and Play Drivers item in the right-hand side of the window.
- Right-click on Sentinel and select Properties from the popup menu.
- Click on the Driver tab.
- From the Startup Type dropdown box, select Boot.
- Click OK.
- Reboot the Emphasis Server.