The LCD on the Echo Architectural Control Processor (EACP) running v1.1.0g software always displays “Ethernet Connection Lost,” and the error light consistently flashes as a result.
Description/Explanation of Issue
This error is displayed whenever there is no Ethernet connection. This could be a result of a connection having existed and then having been lost, or if the EACP is part of a non-networked system. On v1.1.0g software the error will never go away unless an Ethernet connection is established. On v1.1.0c software the error will display for 3 seconds and then switch to “System OK.” The v1.1.0g software fixed a network/sACN related bug that was present in v1.1.0c, and always displays “Ethernet Connection Lost” as a result of that fix.
This bug was fixed in EACP software 2.0.0.
To verify which version your EACP has, follow the steps below:
- Press the check mark to go to the Main Menu
- Select About and press the check mark
- Select Version Info and press the check mark
- At the top both will say Echo App v22.214.171.124.0.30
- Scroll to the bottom and check the NOC Co-Processor version
- If it says v126.96.36.199.0.53 your software version is v1.1.0c
- If it says v188.8.131.52.0.2 your software version is v1.1.0g
- If your EACP lives on a network, verify that the network cables are properly terminated and are plugged in, or that your network switch is powered on.
- If your EACP lives in a non-networked system and you prefer to not have this error permanently displayed, contact ETC technical services for instructions on updating your EACP to version 2.0.0.