In an ERP-FT (Echo Relay Panel Feedthrough) all relays in the top half, bottom half, or both may stop responding to signal and control.
Description/Explanation of Issue
We have seen cases where this was caused by a zip tie being overly tightened in manufacturing, causing stress on the cables which provide voltage to power the control cards. In particular, this is the wire run between the input transformer and the control cards. The control cards are the circuit boards between the relays in the rack. This stress means not enough voltage will get to the card, causing it to malfunction.
- Disconnect power from the enclosure by flipping the breaker feeding the panel OFF. Keep control of this breaker using lockout/tagout to ensure your safety.
- Remove the cover of the panel by removing the four large Phillips head screws holding it on.
- You should now be able to see the power harness as pictured above. If it has a zip-tie on it, carefully snip and remove the tie to remove the stress on the cable.
- Replace the cover and it's screws.
- Restore power to the panel.
If this does not resolve the issue, please contact ETC Technical Services