Upgraded Echo Power Control Processor (E-PCP) from v1.x to v2.x and all it does is show ECHO on the screen. No control of the panel anymore.
When updating the software in an E-PCP, take note of the current version the processor is running. If the starting software version is v2.1.0 or above, simply load the software from a USB stick using the File Operations menu. However, if the starting software version is v2.0.0 or earlier, there is an extra step involved.
- Install software v2.1.0 to the E-PCP.
- Then, install the newest software version.
Both installs can be done using the File Operations menu.
If this step has been skipped, the E-PCP will get stuck on the Echo logo splash screen and will become unresponsive to commands. This can easily be resolved in the field.
- Power the E-PCP down using the control breaker that supplies its voltage.
- Insert a USB stick with software v2.1.0 loaded to the root directory.
- Force load from the USB drive by pressing and holding Enter (√) and Back (<) simultaneously while powering the processor back on.
Force loading the software has the risk of erasing the racks configuration. Please have a backup copy of the rack configuration available in case it is needed. If you do not have one, contact your installing ETC dealer or ETC Technical Support.
- Software v2.1.0 will automatically begin installing from the USB Stick.
Once this is completed, the newest version of software can be installed using the File Operations menu.