Removing or Reseating the Low Voltage Box in a Sensor IQ Panel
Perform repair work at your own risk. ENSURE ANY POWER FROM DEVICES HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED BEFORE BEGINNING ANY REPAIR WORK. If you do not feel comfortable performing the repair work, please contact ETC or your local service center. Be aware that ETC is not responsible for any damage or injury caused by repair or service of ETC Products by anyone other than ETC or its authorized repair agents and such damage is excluded from ETC’s warranty.
Sometimes in shipping or installation, the Low Voltage Box (gray box in the panel that holds the Echo Power Control Processor(E-PCP)) can become loosely connected to one side of the breakers or the other. This can cause issues, such as only discovering half of the breakers in the panel or one side of the panel not working while the other side does. Please follow the steps below to reseat the Low Voltage Box.
Steps to Solution
- Power Down the Sensor IQ Panel.
- Remove the Door Panel, then remove the subpanel under that.
- Remove the E-PCP and Information panel by removing the circled screws below.
- Remove the Low voltage trough by removing all screwed in the circled area below.
- Loosen the (4) nuts with a 7/16 socket or nut driver. You do not need to fully remove the nuts.
Please see image below.
- Lift the bottom of the Low Voltage box clear of the guides (circled in the picture below) and pull down to unseat the connections. You can then remove it if necessary reseat it back in place.
- When tightening the nuts back down, start with the top two nuts first and press up on the Low Voltage box as you tighten to ensure a complete connection.