MSC Recovery from SD Card
Description/Explanation of Issue
If you need to perform a full recovery of an MSC, please follow the steps below.
- Remove the memory card from the MSC and insert it into your computer
- Wipe all files on the memory card (ensure you have made any necessary backups)
- Locate the firmware folder in the Designer installation location or app bundle (see below)
- Copy the file lpc.app (or lpc.fw for 1.x firmware versions) from the firmware folder to the memory card
- Reinsert the memory card into the MSC and restart the MSC. The MSC will boot, but will take longer to boot than normal. Please be patient and wait for the Active LED to illuminate continuously
- Connect to the MSC using Designer and reload the firmware as normal
- Remove the memory card from the MSC and insert it into your computer again
- Delete the lpc.app file from the memory card
- Reinsert the memory card into the MSC and restart the MSC.
Locating the controller firmware
The controller firmware is located in the firmware folder in the Designer installation location, which is in the Program Files folder by default.
To locate the firmware folder in the app bundle on Mac OS X, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Applications folder located on the Hard Drive, typically named Macintosh HD
- Locate the Designer application
- Right-click (or control-click) on it and choose Show Package Contents from the menu that appears
- Now navigate to Contents/MacOS/firmware to find the file lpc.app