- Cobalt version 8.0 software and above is not compatible with Congo hardware running the Windows XPe operating system. This includes all Congo senior consoles and some Congo Jr and Congo Kid consoles.
- In all cases, when the installer discovers an XPe OS on a device, it will indicate the version is not compatible and cancel the installation process. The existing installation will not be harmed or changed in any way - the console will return to its previous operational state.
- Congo Sr. consoles are only Windows XPe and cannot install version 8.0 or newer software versions. Congo Sr. cannot be upgraded to Windows 7.
- Congo Jr. and Kid consoles running a Windows XPe image (single Ethernet connector on the back) cannot install version 8.0 software.
- Congo Jr. and Kid consoles with Windows XPe motherboards may be upgraded by a Windows 7 Upgrade. Customers wishing to do this upgrade should provide their console serial number to their ETC dealer or ETC Technical Services to receive an upgrade price.
Congo Jr. and Congo Kid Windows XPe consoles can be upgraded to Windows 7. If you are interested in this option, reference the following articles: