Written as of Eos Family software version 2.7.4
Upon booting your console or starting ETCnomad, you may be met with the following update notification:
If you see this it means your Gadget I/O board needs to be updated. The process is different depending on whether you have a Gadget I or Gadget II for ETCnomad, or if on a console whether or not your I/O board has the RJ11 phone jack or not. See the correct set of instructions below on how to update the Gadget I/O firmware.
Gadget I and Gadget II I/O firmware can only be updated using an Eos family or Cobalt Family console, or a Windows PC. It cannot be updated on a Mac.
Gadget I and I/O Board with the Phone Jack
- From the ECU shell screen click the settings button:
- In Settings click the Maintenance button:
- Scroll to the Firmware Update section to see your Gadget I/O Board shown in red, notating that it needs updating. Click on the "Upgrade I/O Firmware..." button above the Firmware Update section:
- An I/O Downloader window will pop up and display "Please Connect Console" for 10-15 seconds, before displaying "Please Download Firmware"
- From the File list choose the IO_CARD option with the largest number. At the time of this post the correct file is "IO_CARD_v1_4_2_9_0_005.SRC"
- Click Download to begin the update process, which typically takes around 10 seconds to complete
- After the update you'll see the display cycle back to "Please Connect Console" and then "Please Download Firmware." At this point click the Exit button, then click Accept at the bottom of the settings.
- Shutdown your console and reboot, or if on ETCnomad close the program, unplug your Gadget I, then plug it back in and restart ETCnomad.
Gadget II and I/O Board without the Phone Jack
- From the ECU shell screen click the settings button
- In Settings click the Maintenance button
- Scroll to the Firmware Update section to see your Gadget I/O Board shown in red, notating that it needs updating. Select the Gadget I/O Board in the list, then click the Update button below the Detected Modules
- Click OK on the prompt notifying you that a power cycle of the console/device is required after the update
- Select the Gadget II option with the largest number. At the time of this post the correct file is "14d5.0114_Gadget_II_v22.214.171.124.0.4.S19"
- Click OK to being the update process, which typically takes around 10 seconds to complete
- Click OK on the window notifying that the update was successful
- Click OK on the window asking you to power cycle the console, or disconnect your console accessory, then power cycle or disconnect the device as requested
- Upon restarting or re-plugging your device it will be ready for use.