There are a couple of specialized steps for setting up the Net3 RFR on Congo version 5 as opposed to Eos/Ion.
- On the handheld unit, find an available frequency and set the channel as described in the RFR setup guide.
- With the base station plugged into the Congo, go into [System Settings] from the Heartbeat screen.
- On the GENERAL tab, in the REMOTE FOCUS UNIT section, set the channel for the base station to match the hand held unit.
- On the PROTOCOLS tab, enable the "ACN" option.
- Choose [Exit System Settings].
- Boot into the Congo application by selecting [Master].
DO NOT DISCONNECT OR CYCLE POWER TO THE BASE STATION.
- The next step depends on whether you are starting a new play file or using an existing play.
- For a new play, the starting dialog has an option to "Enable Remote Control". Activate that option.
- For an existing play:
- Open "General Settings" in the browser.
- Select "Play Settings" from the "General Settings" section of the browser and press [Modify] on the keyboard.
- On the SYSTEM tab, activate the option for "Enable Remote Control".
Your RFR should now work.
NOTE: The channel will not highlight on the monitor while typing the RFR command, but it should show the final level when the command is completed.