ETC"s Prodigy Cable Management System (PCM) is a configurable cable management solution for stage electrics, front of house lighting positions, and other applications where power and/or control circuits need to be run on a motorized hoist with an integral distribution strip. Circuits are terminated in the field to one or more Flat Cable Term Boxes (FCTB) mounted to the compression tube at the buli ding structure. A flat cable carries power and low voltage circuits down to the distribution strip with an integral trolley system that lays the flat cable on top of the distribution strip as the hoist travels up and down.
Motor End - A single FCTB with a maximum of twenty-four 20 A. circuits and four low voltage circuits is mounted near the motor/powerhead end of the compression tube.
Opposite Motor End - A single FCTB with a maximum of twenty-four 20 A. circuits and four low voltage circuits is mounted near the far end of the compression tube away from the motor/powerhead.
Double - Two FCTBs are uses with a maximum of fourty-eight 20 A. circuits and eight low voltage circuits are utilized. One FCTB mounts near the motor/powerhead end of the compression tube, the second FCTB mounts on the far end of the compression tube.
Travel - Prodigy Cable Management systems and P1/P2 hoists allow for a maximum travel distance of 50'-0" [15.25 m]..
The following information is required to provide submittal drawings and create bills of material prior to assembly in Manufacturing. (See Guidelines below for additional information.)
- Total Vertical Dead Hang + Travel Distance
- Number of Circuits and Low Voltage Circuits/Type
- Distribution Strip Connector Type and Layout
- Lift Line Spacing
Travel + Dead Hang - The total distance from the mounting steel to the low trim position is required to provide the correct length(s) of flat cable.
- To accommodate the travel required for the trolleys on the PCM raceway the minimum raceway lengths are required
- Motor End & Opposite Motor End Minimum Raceway Length = (0.5 * Travel) + 5'-0" [1.52 m]
- Double Minimum Raceway Length = Travel + 11'-0" [3.35 m]
Distribution Strip Length - The maximum PCM raceway length is 72'-0" [21.95 m] with ETC's standard packaging and 77'-0" [23.47 m] with modified packaging.
Circuit Count & Low Voltage Circuits
- Motor End and Opposite Motor End Systems have a maximum of four flat cables, for a maximum of twenty-four 20 A. circuits and four low voltage circuits.
- Double Systems have a maximum of eight flat cables, for a maximum of forty-eight 20 A. circuits and eight low voltage circuits
- Double Cable Management Systems ship in two electrically separate sections that are mechanically attached on site to create a single raceway.
- Any circuits that repeat in both halves of the raceway need to be run down a flat cable on the respective side, reducing the total number of available circuits in the system.
- Each flat cable is constructed of a dedicated ground conductor, twelve conductors that can carry six circuits at 20 A. maximum, and one integral Cat5e cable that can be used for DMX or Network
Lift Line Spacing - P1/P2 hosts have a maximum lift line spacing of 12'-0" [3.66 m] when installed with 1.5" Schedule 40 pipe
RACA (Right Angle Cable Adjuster) - RACAs are used to hang the Prodigy Cable Management raceway.
- A 40° RACA is used for any lift lines adjacent to the flat cable. The 40° RACA rotates the adjustment bolt and RACA assembly to make it easier to adjust and avoid any interference/rubbing with the flat cable.
- A Horizontal RACA is used for all other lift lines.
Joiner Brackets - Joiner brackets are spaced every 5'-0" [1.52 m] starting at the motor end of the raceway.
- If there is >2.5' [>0.76m ] from the last joiner bracket to the end of the raceway an additional joiner bracket will be added.