Pre-configured Echoflex Output Controller Cannot Communicate with Linked Controls
ER6CD-BU and ER12CD-AU output controllers were pre-commissioned to work with control devices but do not communicate upon installation. Re-linking manually resolves the issue.
Description/Explanation of Issue
Echoflex output controllers are coded with a channel type number, which is referenced when linking via software including pre-commissioning software and Garibaldi. Single channel controllers like the ELED1 and ER6CD were originally assigned channel 0. This was changed to channel 1 with the release of the ER6CD-BU and ER12CD-AU. The linking programs were not updated, however, causing incorrect linking with some devices.
At this time, we have only seen failures with ER6CD-BU and ER12CD-AU linking to and communicating with:
- Multi-Scene Stations (MSS)
- Multi-Button Interface Stations (MBI)
- Wireless TimeClock (WTC)
Timeline of shipped product that was affected: 02/10/2022 - 07/11/2022
This incompatibility has been resolved with:
- ELED1(H)-DUN and upcoming version of ELEDR(H)
- Channel type will now be 1
- Garibaldi Pro v3.0.3, available to download here
- Supports linking all single channel devices as channel 1
- Backwards compatible with ch 0 units, will properly link them
- Remember to use Tools > Update Database to download the latest device packages
If you have a site with this issue, you can relink affected product either manually or with Garibaldi Pro v3.0.3 or newer.
|Manual Linking||Garibaldi Pro v3.0.1||Garibaldi Pro v3.0.3+|
ELED1(H)-AU and -BU (CH 0)
|ELEDR(H)-AU (CH 0)||YES||YES||YES|
|ER6CD-AU (CH 0)||YES||YES||YES|
|ELED1(H)-DU (CH 1)||YES||NO||YES|
|ER6CD-BU (CH 1)||YES||NO||YES|
|ER12CD-AU (CH 1)||YES||NO||YES|