ColorSource Offline or EchoTouch Offline software on PC has crashed. Each time I try to start it, it immediately crashes again. Re-installing the software does not help - it continues to crash immediately.
Description/Explanation of Issue
A possible cause for this crash is corrupted data in the AppData\Local\ETC\ folder. This data is not re-written when the Offline Editor is uninstalled and reinstalled.
- Navigate to the AppData location for the Offline Editor. It will be located in a directory like C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\ETC
- Find the ColorSource or EchoTouch folder (depending on which one is crashing)
- Make copies of the Shows and Media folders and back them up on the Desktop or a USB drive
- Delete the ColorSource or EchoTouch folder.
- Reinstall the Offline software.
- Verify that the Offline software now starts as expected.
- Move your Shows and Media back into their respective folders in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\ETC\ColorSource
Note: EchoTouch Offline does not use the Media folder.