EchoTouch is stuck in a Boot Loop
This is a bug that is solved in software v2.5.0. After following the instructions below, please update your software to v2.5.0 or higher. to keep this from re-occurring.
My EchoTouch appears to boot normally, but when it gets to the starting splash screen, it fails and reboots on its own.
It constantly does this over and over.
Note: This can be caused by either the EchoTouch in a corrupted show state, as resolved below, OR it could be due to the EchoTouch not receiving enough power. For example, the E-APS only provides 160mA of AUX power, which is not enough to power an EchoTouch.
Steps to Solution
- Create a Recovery USB Flash Drive
- Insert the USB flash drive into the EchoTouch while the screen is off
- Power on the display and it will automatically boot into the Manufacturing Test Menu
- When the Manufacturing Test Menu opens, press "Service - CAUTION!"
- Then press the "Erase Show Data" button
This will completely clear the configuration from the EchoTouch, make sure to have a backup available
- Once the process has completed, exit out of the Service Screen and Manufacturing test menu
- The EchoTouch will reboot and should normally function after this process.