Is it possible to upload a Mosaic configuration via USB?
Is it possible to upload a configuration through any means that are not through the network?
For example, is it possible to push a configuration via a USB drive?
It is not possible to upload a configuration to a Mosaic controller from a USB drive.
MSC X, Atlas and MTPC configurations can only be loaded via the network, not via USB or any removable media.
MSC 1/2/4 configurations can be loaded via the network, or via a USB cable between your laptop and the USB-B port on the front of the controller - this method uses the USB-Ethernet bridge that was installed with Mosaic Designer, and presents in the Network tab in the same way as an Ethernet connection.
Uploading Via USB in Version 2
If you have a stand alone controller then you can still use a ethernet connection to upload without needing a switch but should you need to you can upload via USB following the instructions below.
- Make sure the controller is disconnected from the PC and All Designer software is closed.
- Run the USB to Ethernet bridge software – This will just a command prompt and then disappear
- Wait 1 minute – windows is a bit slow.
- Connect the controller via USB and windows should install the drivers – this may fail but you can ignore it.
- When drivers are installed or the window disappears you can then run designer.