- Mosaic Controller (MSC, MTPC, etc.) will not show up in the network tab of Mosaic Designer 2, nor will it show up in the Mosaic Firmware Upgrade Utility.
Explanation of Issue
The Controller may be physically disconnected from the network, or settings on a managed network switch may be preventing communication between the Controller and the computer with Mosaic Designer.
- Verify that the Controller is physically connected via Ethernet to the same network as the computer.
- Verify that the Controller is powering up, and that we see activity LEDs on the unit
- If the unit is not powered, verify that the controller is plugged into a PoE switch or proper power supply providing the correct DC voltage. Swap out cables/supplies as needed
- If the unit is powered, proceed to step 3.
- Plug the controller into the network switch and/or TPC-RIO directly bypassing field wiring, and if it shows up in Mosaic Designer 2/Mosaic Firmware Upgrade Utility, re-terminate the network cables in the field.