Is emergency panic input on a Paradigm DRd normally open (NO) or normally closed (NC)?
It can be either. This is a setting that you must change on the Paradigm Architectural Control Processor (P-ACP). See the following instructions to change this setting:
- Press the check mark to go to the Main Menu
- Scroll to Dimming Setup and press the check mark
- Scroll to Emergency Setup and press the check mark
- Scroll to "Active When:" to see the current setting. Pressing the check mark swaps between Closed and Open.
- Active When Closed = Normally Open (NO)
- Active When Open = Normally Closed (NC)
- After changing the setting power cycle the DRd
It is very important to power cycle the entire DRd after changing this setting. A simple soft reset of the P-ACP will not work! The emergency settings are stored in the dimming engine and it cannot properly evaluate the panic state if it the dimming engine is not power cycled.