When downloading the "Vectorworks_20XX_Mac_A3D_Plugin_vX.X.X.XXX.zip" file, it extracts a folder titled "ETCAugment3dPlugin.vwlibrary" instead of maintaining just the .zip file.
Description/Explanation of Issue
Some versions of macOS will automatically extract .zip files within .zip files and present their contents. Vectorworks needs to see the .zip file for its installation process.
- Delete any folders titled "ETCAugment3dPlugin.vwlibrary".
- Launch Spotlight Search by pressing "⌘+space"
- Type "Archive Utility" and hit enter.
- Once in Archive Utility, click on "Archive Utility" in the menu bar and navigate to "Preferences..."
- Uncheck "Keep expanding if possible"
- Close Archive Utility.
- Double-Click on Vectorworks_20XX_Mac_A3D_Plugin_vX.X.X.XXX.zip and it will extract Vectorworks_20XX_Mac_A3D_Plugin_vX.X.X.XXX.zip.