When downloading and expanding the "ETC_CS_Console_vX.X.X.zip" file, it extracts a folder titled "ETC_CS_Console_X.X.X.X" instead of a file titled "ETC_CS_Console_X.X.X.X.fw". If you open that file, you will see a variety of .dtb file extensions.
Description/Explanation of Issue
Some versions of macOS will accidentally interpret .fw files as .zip files and automatically extract them. Once a .fw has been extracted, it cannot be re-compressed into a .fw file.
- Delete any folders titled "ETC_CS_Console_X.X.X.X".
- Launch Spotlight Search by pressing "⌘+space"
- Type "Archive Utility" and hit enter.
- Once in Archive Utility, click on "Archive Utility" in the menu bar and navigate to "Preferences..."
- Uncheck "Keep expanding if possible"
- Close Archive Utility.
- Double-Click on ETC_CS_Console_vX.X.X.zipp and it will extract ETC_CS_Console_X.X.X.X.fw.