This procedures is used to open an Ion or Congo Jr. console. The common reasons to open the console are to check the hard drive connections and to re-seat the memory. You will need clear bench space to the left side of the console. If additional issues arise, contact ETC Technical Services for more information.
- #1 Phillips Screwdriver
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- Disconnect power and other connections from the console before performing any service work.
- Place the unit on a clean, stable surface.
- With your #1 Phillips screwdriver, remove the two circled screws below to remove the protective side panel from your console. Repeat this for both sides.
- Using the #2 Phillips screwdriver, remove the (7) screws indicated in Red below.
- Using the #2 Phillips screwdriver, loosen, but do not remove, the (3) screws indicated in Blue below.
- Carefully turn the console over, and using a #1 Phillips screwdriver, loosen, but do not remove, the (3) screws in blue below.
- Flip the console back onto the base.
- Lift the back side of the face panel upwards away from the base.
- Slide the face panel towards the front of the console. The face panel will slip from under the base pressure plate.
To aid in proper alignment, press up on the center screw to lift the Base Pressure Plate. When reassembling the Ion or Congo Jr, make sure the lip of the faceplate is captured between the Base Pressure Plate and the bottom chasis.
- Set the face panel on its side to the left of the base, to avoid unplugging the cables.
- After verifying repaired console is functional, reverse these steps for re-assembly.