- My Ion isn't fully booting up, it's getting stuck on either a blank screen, the Ion Splash screen, or nothing at all.
- My Ion is beeping three times when booting up
- My Ion's LCD screen and LED indicator lights are flashing every couple of seconds.
Description/Explanation of Issue
There could be a mixture of either hardware or software failures with the console.
Depending on the failure, it could be simply a problem with an internal piece that needs to be reseated.
- Make sure all your power and display connections are fully seated on the back of the console.
- Remove any extraneous USB devices that are not vital to the operation of the console and try booting.
- If we're not getting any kind of reaction from the console, such as not hearing fan from inside the console, this could be a bad Power Supply Unit (PSU).
- If you can hear the fan spinning up, but still not seeing anything on the screens, or you are hearing three beeps, we will have to open the console up.
- Follow the video tutorial for opening and inspecting your Ion here
- After we followed these steps, we if are still not getting anything on the displays, then it will be time for an RMA with your preferred dealer
- If the console's LCD screen and LED lights continue to flash, this may be an issue with the power supply.
- If you are getting a Splash Screen, but the console is not booting past it, this may be a case where the console has a failed Hard Drive or needs to be re-imaged.
- If you would like to Re-Image the console, you will want to contact ETC Technical Services to have them ship you a re-image kit.
- Otherwise, the console will need ot be sent in under an RMA for repair. Contact your preferred ETC Dealer.