I have a Universal Fader Wing (UFW) with an external power supply, connected to my Eos-family console via a USB cable. It says "Electronic Theatre Controls" on one or both of the screens, and I can't use it or map anything to it.
Description/Explanation of Issue
This state occurs when the UFW is receiving power, but no USB communication. USB issues on the console, the UFW, or both, could be causing this.
- First, please reseat the USB and power connections on the back of the UFW, as this may resolve the problem on its own.
- Verify that other USB devices connected to your Eos-family console (keyboard, mouse, etc) are working. If so, try plugging the UFW's USB cable into a different port on the console.
- Try a different USB cable, to rule out cable issues as the cause of the problem.
- If none of the above resolves the problem, the UFW will need to be sent back to the factory for repair. Please contact your preferred ETC dealer to arrange an RMA.
- In the meantime, a potential workaround is to dock the UFW to either side of your console, as this does not use the USB connection to interface with the console.