How to Calculate and Correct Tilt Range in an Eos Fixture Profile
If the tilt direction is correct, but the virtual fixture tilts further in either direction than the real fixture, the fixture's physical tilt range or values may not match its profile.
Testing tilt range
- Aim your fixture at a point on your stage. Press the “Flip” button.
Does the fixture return to the same point?
If so, tilt is mapped correctly. If not, set the fixture's pan and tilt to 0°.
- Pan the fixture in a circle.
Does the fixture beam remain stationary, pointed straight down?
If so, tilt is mapped correctly. If not, follow the steps below to correct the tilt range in the Fixture Profile Editor.
Correcting tilt range
- First, find the correct zero degree value for tilt.
- Set your tilt to 0°. Pan clockwise 360°, then counterclockwise 360°, and repeat.
- Slowly increase or decrease your tilt value until the fixture spins with no wobble in the beam during the sweep.
- Using About, find the raw DMX values for tilt (including course and fine) and note them.
- Set this new raw DMX level as your Tilt DMX Home value in the Fixture Editor.
- Then, using the new DMX Home value, calculate the user minimum and maximums for the Tilt range.
- Set your tilt to your new Tilt DMX Home Value.
- Begin increasing tilt until the fixture head is approximately perpendicular to its base.
- Record the Found Tilt DMX value after tilting the fixture 90° from the Tilt DMX Home Value
- Note the Minimum DMX Value Allowed for Tilt and the Maximum DMX Value Allowed for Tilt
- Calculate the User Min and Max Degrees using the following formulas (or by entering the values on the fields in this page and pressing Calculate):
- User Min Degrees= (90 ÷ (Found Tilt DMX - Tilt DMX Home Value)) * (Minimum DMX Value Allowed for Tilt - Tilt DMX Home Value)
- User Max Degrees= (90 ÷ (Found Tilt DMX - Tilt DMX Home Value)) * (Maximum DMX Value Allowed for Tilt - Tilt DMX Home Value)
User Min (deg) for Tilt User Max (deg) for Tilt
- Enter the User Minimum, Maximum and DMX Home Values in the Eos Fixture Editor Tilt Range:
DMX User Label Min Home Max Min Home Max Quick Actions... Quick Labels... 0 +
- Test for accuracy.