When dimming a light from a source like a console, can dim to a certain level but cannot fully go to 0
- Ex: can dim channel 5 from 100% to 25%, but the fixture is stuck at 25% when try to dim further
This is normally due to an HTP (highest takes precedence) situation. When there are 2 or more sources of control in a system (ex: console and architectural system), they can either use LTP or HTP to determine who the recipient listens to when.
HTP, or highest takes precedence, means the recipient will use the highest incoming value it sees
- Ex: Console tells address 1 to be at 10%, arch system tells address to be at 20%, address will be at 20%
LTP, or latest takes precedence, means the recipient will use th latest incoming value it sees
- Ex: Console tells address 1 to be at 80%, then arch system tells address to be at 50%, address will be at 50%
If your light cannot go below it certain level, it is most likely being given a value at that level from another source.
Steps to Solution
- Figure out what other source may be talking to your light: a button/fader station, a touchscreen, another console, etc
- Clear out the look from that source
- Test full control from the original source