LCD readout shows Color System Fail and the Error LED blinks. Fixture has no output.
The fixture will also identify itself as a Source 4 LED Lustr in the About Fixture menu of the diagnostics menu and the image on the LCD may be upside down.
Description/Explanation of Issue
There are four known causes for this issue. Two can be checked in the field, and one can be repaired in the field.
- Data cable between the LED array and the driver board is unplugged. This is only this case in which the problem can be fixed in the field.
- If the power supply has been replaced in the field, this is the most likely cause.
- Data cable and/or the power cable is damaged. The fixture must be sent to ETC for repair, but can be checked in the field.
- LED array has lost its calibration data. Rarely, the LED array will lose it's calibration data. The fixture must be sent back to ETC to be re-calibrated.
- LED array memory has failed. This is also a rare problem. Calibration data is stored in the LED array memory and must be replaced and the fixture re-calibrated at ETC.
The following directions are to check the cables inside the fixture for a Desire unit. We do not recommend opening a Source Four LED in the field.
If you are not comfortable taking apart the fixture, please send in the fixture to your dealer or to ETC.
- With the fixture unplugged, unscrew the 10 screws holding the back of the fixture to the LED head
- Carefully lift the fixture body off of the LED head and check that both the data cable (multi-colored) and the power cable (black and gray) are plugged in
- If the data cable and/or the power cable is unplugged, plug the cable(s) back into the appropriate header(s), seating it fully. A flathead screwdriver can be used to help gently press the cable into the socket
- If the data cable and/or the power cable is damaged, then the cables must be replaced
- Carefully place the fixture both back on the LED head, taking care not to pinch the data and power cables between the metalwork
- Reattach the fixture back to the LED head with the 10 screws
- Plug in the fixture and test