I am trying to figure out what firmware version is running on my Gadget I or Gadget II, but I do not have a console or ETCnomad available to check that. Is there a way to determine this using Net3 Concert?
Yes, although it's not straight forward. You're able to see the firmware version in a Net3 Concert log, by following the instructions below:
- Plug in your Gadget to your PC and launch Net3 Concert
- Click "Help" and choose "About Net3 Concert"
- About 2/3 the way down the about dialogue, click "here" to open the folder where the Net3 Concert logs are stored.
- In the folder will be a list of one or more log files (in .txt format), each with a date and time stamp in the file name. Open the file.
- While you can open it in the standard Windows Notepad program, it's easier to read and parse in Notepad++
- Search for "Gadget". You may get multiple lines which contain that string, but what we're looking for is a section of four lines, the bottom of which tells us the firmware version. See the example below. In this case we can see it's running firmware v1.1.0.
- You could also search for the serial number of the Gadget, as that should take you directly to the line we're looking for.
- Close the log file.