Airflow Problems or No Airflow
The Sensor rack may not be receiving enough airflow through the rack.
- Check to make sure the fan is spinning and air is blowing from the top of the rack.
- Open the rack door, take out the filters, and make sure that the filters are clean. If the filters are dirty, they can be blown out or washed. Be sure to dry the filters before installing. All holes and conduits must be sealed. This includes holes made for interrack connections for bussed rack systems. Great stuff and fiche paper work well to seal the rack.
- Verify that the load wiring at the back of the right is neatly dressed, wire tied, and pushed all the way to the back of the rack.
- Check to make sure that there are no major air currents that are blowing across or at the front of the rack. This creates a vacuum at the entry point of the rack.
The airflow sensor on the CEM may be failing or have already failed.
- When this piece fails, you get airflow errors and flickering despite good airflow.
- Make sure you have already checked all of the above items before determining it to be an airflow sensor issue.
- If the sensor has failed, you will need to send the CEM in for repair.