There are two options for recording a preset to a SmartLink station for a SmartPack or SmartSwitch:
- Record the preset at the SmartPack/SmartSwitch user interface via the on-screen menu
- Record the preset at the preset station via remote record
To record from the processor UI:
- Hit the Lightbulb button. This will bring you into the test screen.
- Alternatively you can set levels using a DMX lighting console, and then record the preset at the processor UI. If you're using your console to set the look, skip to step 6.
- You can use the Checkmark or the Back buttons to change your channel selection between ALL or 1-12.
- When you have selected the channel or channels you want, use the Plus and Minus buttons to set a level between 0 and 100.
- Once you have the level set that you want, hit the Lighbulb button again.
- Use the Plus or Minus button to select “Keep test on” and hit the checkmark.
- Use the Plus or Minus button to cycle through the Main Menu until you reach Presets, and hit the checkmark.
- Use the Plus or Minus button to cycle through the Presets menu until you reach Record Preset, and hit the checkmark.
- Use the Plus or Minus button to select the preset number you want to record, and hit the checkmark.
- Your new preset is now recorded.
- Hit the lightbulb button twice, use the Plus or Minus button to select “Test: all off,” and hit the checkmark. Your lights should go out.
- Test your new preset at your button station.
- If you ever need to change a preset, just record over it.
To record from the station
- Make sure that Remote Record is enabled at the processor
- Stations -> Remote Record -> Enable
- Make sure that Station Master is enabled at the processor
- Stations -> Station Master -> Enable
- If this is a multi-rack system, only one rack should have Station Master enabled, and it should be one with a station power supply
- Set the desired levels for the circuit in the rack
- At the station, press and hold the desired button until it flashes green 3 times