The following guidelines should be used for laying out control wiring for a QuickTouch Rigging Control System.
- A maximum of 24 Hoists can be connected to a QuickTouch Rigging Controller.
- The total combined length of Hoist Control (C) wiring and E-stop (ES) wiring runs cannot exceed 500 feet (150 meters).
- A maximum of 3 E-stop Button Stations can be used per system.
- All Hoist Control and E-stop runs shall be continuous, unspliced runs.
- Hoist Control and E-stop wiring must be installed in grounded metal conduit unless shielded cable (Cat5e STP) is used.
All Hoist Control and E-stop wiring runs should be Belden 1583A, or any Cat5e or better cable.