To test the front panel hardware such as buttons, faders, touch screens, etc
Description/Explanation of Issue
A diagnostics window is found in the Diagnostics tab of the Control Panel. This is only available when entering the Control Panel from the Hog Start window where shows are selected and launched. This option is not available when entering the Control Panel from within a show file.
- From the Start window, select the Control Panel button, then select the Diagnostics tab of the Control Panel.
- There are buttons to Test Touch Screens, pressing this will display a grid to test the different areas of the touch screen.
- There is a Test Control Surfaces button, which will allow testing of the front panel hardware. Pressing a button or moving a fader will show feedback.
- There is a Burn In button which will run the motorized faders, and cycle through the different tests.
- There are tabs at the top of the window to allow testing of external gear such as wings.
- There is a Test LTC button which will show if the console is receiving time code regardless of the show configuration.