Console isn't talking to an external DP8000 processor (DMX Processor)
Description/Explanation of Issue
The console and the DP8000 are not communicating, likely because of a network setting or a break in the network line.
- Check that the display on the DMX Processor shows ‘Outputs Active’.
- If it does not then see if it is in the process of getting the show data or connecting or crashed.
- If it has crashed then restart it by disconnecting the mains power, waiting a few moments then reconnect it.
- Check the network cabling
- The Link light will be lit on the DMX Processor if the correct connection has been made.
- Check the network settings
- The DMX Processor and console both need to be on the same subnet.
- Check the port number settings
- The DMX Processor and console both need to have the same Port Number.
- Check the software
- The DMX Processor and console both need to be running the same version of the software.
- If working with Hog 4 PC
- Ensure that the firewall settings on the Windows computer are turned completely off or set to allow traffic from the Hog 4 PC application