DMX Widget not outputting DMX when mapped in Hog 4 PC
The Widget is mapped to a DP 8000 universe and is plugged in, but the widget does not have DMX output.
Description/Explanation of Issue
There are a few circumstances that can cause this to happen.
- Firewall is enabled
- Driver Not Installed / Wrong Driver Installed (most common)
- This can occur if:
- during the installation of Hog 4 PC the operator clicked "do not to trust" in regards to the High End Systems driver installer certificate.
- the operator deleted the driver from disk: C:\Program Files (x86)\High End Systems\Hog 4 PC\drivers
- This can occur if:
- Device Disabled (not very common)
- Make sure the Firewall on the computer is disabled
- Make sure the proper driver is installed
To determine if this is the issue, open Windows Device Manager and under "other devices" you will see one of the following,
- USB DMX Widget
- USB DMX Superwidget (external)
- FPS DP8000 Expander
- To fix this issue, uninstall Hog 4 PC completely and re-install Hog 4 PC. The repair option in the installer will not fix this issue.
- Enable the Device from Windows Device Manager
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard
- Type in "dev" and select the device manager option from the pop up window
- If you see a widget listed under the High End Widgets category but with an icon that looks like a "downward arrow inside of a circle" then the widget device has be disabled by Window's device manager.
- To fix this right click on the widget in the device manager window and select the "enable device" option.
The following are situations that you can view in Windows Device manager.
A healthy situation
In the device manager under High End Widgets, when a widget is operating as expected the type will be:
- High End DMX Widget
- High End External SuperWidget
- High End External SuperDuperWidget
When Hog 4 PC is not Installed but the drivers are
The widget will be under Other Devices in the device manager and will read as
- Unknown Device
- HES Unloaded Widget
- FPS DP8000 Expander Bootloader