How to perform a software upgrade on Hog 4 consoles
Occasionally a software version can be upgraded without the need to do a full install. This is called a software upgrade and will use an FPSPKG installer package.
Check the release notes if a software upgrade can be performed. If it cannot be performed, then you will need to follow the instructions to perform a full install.
Steps to Solution
- Download the FPSPKG installer from High End's website
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive
The file name will be
Hog4_X-X-X-X.fpspkgwhere the Xs represent the software version number
- Insert the USB flash drive containing the upgrade file into any USB slot on the console
- Go to the Start window and press (Update Software)
- Browse to the USB flash drive and select the FPSKG file and press (OK)
- Hog 4 OS will upgrade without further interaction
- Once complete check the splash screen to ensure the console is running the correct software version