Unit will only boot by holding down top and bottom menu buttons
Description/Explanation of Issue
This is due to a dead BIOS battery
- To access the fixture’s media server, remove the top aluminum electronics-box cover on the display side of the electronics-box, and remove the display bezel.
- Remove the server from the fixture.
- Access the server’s mother-board by removing the media server’s enclosure lid.
- Find and locate the BIOS battery, located on the mother-board. NOTE: The BIOS Battery is a CR2032, and will be in different locations depending on the mother-board in the server.
- Remove the old BIOS battery.
- Replace with new CR2032 battery.
- Reassemble the media server enclosure.
- Re-install media server back into fixture. Make sure all connections to the media server are correct as the computer is installed back into the fixture.
- Install the display bezel on to electronics-box.
- Install the top aluminum electronics-box cover.
- Reload default BIOS settings in the following steps
- Connect a USB Keyboard to the fixture.
- Power ON the Fixture.
- When the media server is turned ON, repeatedly press the ‘DEL’ or ‘DELETE’ button on the USB Keyboard. This will open the BIOS Settings.
- Using the Arrow Keys, go to the ‘Save and Exit’ Menu Option at the top.
- Confirm then go to the ‘Load Default’ and press ENTER.
- Go to Save and Exit then confirm again.
- The server will not boot.
- To confirm this was succesful cycle power on the fixture and the server should boot without having to hold down the top and buttons menu buttons.