I have forgotten the webUI password for my MTPC or MSC.
Description/Explanation of Issue
There is no backdoor password for Mosaic controllers. In addition, it is not possible to retrieve the project from a password-protected controller. If you have a copy of the project backed up on a computer, the steps below will walk you through how to restore defaults on your controller—allowing you to re-upload the project.
- Unplug power or PoE from your controller.
- Set dip switch 1 on your controller to the ON position
- On MTPC:
- remove the screen overlay. This is easiest if you use a piece of scotch tape as leverage.
- There will be 4 dip switches built into the bezel. Set dip switch 1 to ON.
- On MSC:
- Remove all connections plugged into your controller.
- Remove the two end caps, completely disassembling your controller.
- There will be 4 dip switches built into the PCB. Set dip switch 1 to ON.
- On MTPC:
- Power up your controller.
- Set dip switch 1 to OFF
- Use Mosaic Designer 2 to assign appropriate network settings for your network and re-upload your project.