Why Save the Config File?
The primary reason for saving a copy of your configuration file from the Paradigm Architectural Control Processor (P-ACP) is to simply have a backup in the unfortunate event your P-ACP has an issue which requires replacement or a loaner as part of the repair processor. Additionally if you have questions about your system, emailing your config file to ETC Technical Support will help them get you an answer more quickly.
Saving the Config File
To save the config file from a P-ACP you will need either a USB thumb drive, or a SD card (2GB or less). Both media types need to be formatted as FAT32.
- Insert the media into the front of the P-ACP
- Press the check mark to go to the Main Menu
- Scroll to File Operations and press the check mark
- Scroll to Save Arch Config and press the check mark
- The "Name:" field is highlighted by default, showing a file name of "Paradigm_cfg1". Pressing the check mark with Name highlighted allows you to change the number that will be appended to the end of the file name, ranging from 1 to 24.
- NOTE: changing the name is only necessary when saving multiple configurations from processors on different systems to the same media. Usually this can be left at "Paradigm_cfg1"
- Choose the Save to… for the correct media and press the check mark. This will place a file named “Paradigm_cfg1.pcf” (or a different # if you changed it in Step 5) onto your media.
- After the DO NOT REMOVE MEDIA message goes away, press the < button several times until you’re at the main screen of your P-ACP.
- Remove the media and insert into your computer to copy the file to safe place, or attach it to an email for sending.
An alternate method if you have a computer on your lighting network, and your Paradigm system is software version 4.0.0 or higher:
- Log in to your P-ACPs Web UI by typing in the P-ACP's IP address into an internet browser.
- Navigate to Menu > Network
- Select Retrieve File and choose a location to save the .pcf file to.