Controlling Echo Objects using PSAP
This article describes how to control Echo objects (Presets, Zones, Spaces, Walls) using Paradigm Serial Access Protocol (PSAP 4.0 in LD 4.2.4).
- An Echo Expansion Bridge both in LD and the real world on the network (and connected to the Echo Bus).
- PSAP enabled on a Paradigm Processor. (LD Property Editor when PACP is selected).
- Names are required in all strings (these are not optional).
- Third Party controller will direct PSAP commands to the PACP with PSAP enabled (not the EEB).
Sites with Multiple Echo Expansion Bridges
- If more than one EEB is installed on this site, unique names are required for each Echo Space on each Echo Bridge.
- Each Echo Space can still have Echo Zones named the same (Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 3 and so on). This is because we can declare (use) Space Names with this string.
- Each Echo Space can still have Echo Presets named the same (Preset 1, Preset 2, Preset 3 and so on). This is because we can declare (use) Space Names with this string
- Walls must have unique names as Echo Space names can not be used in combination with the Echo Wall name in the Wall PSAP string as shown below.
Below is a list of commands in PSAP that will control Echo Objects (using the default names), Object names and values should be substituted to meet the sites needs.
Activate: pst act Preset 1, Space 1
Deactivate: pst dact Preset 1, Space 1
Record: pst rec Preset 1, Space 1
Set Intensity: chan int:50% Zone 1, Space 1
Raise: chan ras:25% Zone 1, Space 1
Lower: chan low:25% Zone 1, Space 1
Toggle (Full/Off/Full): chan tog Zone 1, Space 1
Off: spc off Space 1
Raise: spc ras:50% Space 1
Lower: spc low:25% Space 1
Wall (Space Combine)
Open: wall open Wall 1
Close: wall close Wall 1