How do I update my the fixture library on my ColorSource console, separately from the console software?
To update the software or fixture library of your ColorSource console, you will need an internet-connected computer, and a FAT32-formatted USB to transfer the file(s).
First, check your current version of ColorSource console software. If you are not running the latest version, please update your console before proceeding.
Installing a fixture library update on a console not already running the matching version of software can cause issues that could require your console be reset to factory defaults.
- To download the fixture library update, go to the ColorSource Software download page, and click on the file named "ColorSource Console vX.X.X Library Update X.X.X."
- Once the compressed folder has downloaded, unzip it to see two files: the library update (.cspkg), and a library contents list (.html).
- Put the cspkg file in the root directory of your USB drive, and insert the USB into your ColorSource console.
- On the console, navigate to Setup > Files > Advanced > Install Extras.
- You should see the .cspkg file as an available option. Make sure it's selected, and hit "Accept," then "Yes" to confirm the installation.
- Once the install is complete, restart your console by completely removing the power cable from the back, then reinserting it.
- Once the console has fully booted, navigate to Patch > Add Device to confirm you have the current fixture profiles available in the Standard Library.