How do I update my ColorSource Console software?
To update the software on your ColorSource console, you will need internet access on a computer to download our free installer and a USB memory stick to transfer the file to your console.
The basic steps are listed below, but depending on the version you are starting from and going to, additional steps may be required. We highly recommend that your refer to the Release Notes PDF for the version you wish to update to for complete instructions. Release Notes can be found at the following page on our website: http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Lighting-Fixtures/ColorSource/Documentation.aspx
- On a computer with internet access go to the software download page for ColorSource Console on our website and click on the file that says 'ColorSource Console Software vX.X.X.' to download the latest software version: http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Lighting-Fixtures/ColorSource/Software.aspx
- The file will download in a compressed folder. Unzip the file and move that .exe file to the root directory of a USB memory stick inserted into the computer.
- Insert the USB memory stick into the USB port on the console
- On the console's touchscreen, navigate to the update section via the following buttons: Setup -> Files -> Advanced -> Update Firmware
- You will get a prompt to update, which you will say 'Yes' to
- Once the install is complete, restart your console