This article will walk you through how to open up your Ion Xe, Ion Xe 20, Element 2 or Programming Wing.
While the photos here depict an Ion Xe, the industrial design of the Ion Xe is similar to the Ion Xe 20, Element 2 and Programming Wing—there will just be extra screw along the front edge and back of the console.
Steps to Solution
- Power down your console and fully disconnect the IEC power cable from the back.
- Flip the console over and lay it face panel down on a soft surface such as carpeting or a towel.
- Remove all screws on the four sides depicted below.
Be sure to not remove the 4 screws closer to the center of the console labeled with "Do Not Remove 4 Screws". These screws hold the power supply in place, and if removed, could cause the power supply to fall and damage the face panel.
- Carefully flip the console back over. You will want to make sure you hold the bottom tray to the face panel as there are no screws keeping them together anymore.
- Carefully lift the face panel up an inch. The bottom tray should stay on your work surface but the face panel will still be tethered to the bottom tray via a wire harness.
- Stand the face panel on its back edge behind the rear of the console.