RDM devices will not show up in patch on my Eos Family console, however they do populate in Net3 Concert on the same console. How do I get them to show up in patch as well?
Explanation of Issue & Solution
Likely one or more settings in the Eos software isn't enabled. Use the steps below to verify you have the proper settings enabled:
- Turn on Device Discovery in Patch > Device List > RDM. If it says "Disabled" it will not attempt to discover your RDM devices. Simply click on that bubble to change it to "Enabled."
- Make sure that the Flexi state is not hiding unpatched addresses found via RDM:
- "RDM Patched Addresses" and "RDM Selected Addresses" Flexi states will hide devices that are discovered via RDM, but not Patched
- Press [Flexi] or F3 on an external keyboard to cycle through Flexi states
- Double-check the Format you are using. It is advisable to start in Address - Channel format (your command line should read "Patch Address:"
- If RDM devices are discovered, but do not have a Channel assigned, they will be hidden and not appear in Channel - Address Format
- Press [Format] or F4 on an external keyboard to switch between "Patch by Address" format and "Patch by Channel" format
- Turn on RDM in the network settings:
- Exit to the Shell, and click on "Network" in the top right corner
- Scroll to "Interface Protocols" and make sure RDM is checked:
- Turn on RDM on the local IO ports:
- Press Displays key on your console (or F9 in ETCnomad) to open the browser. Go to Setup > System Settings > Output
- If RDM is OFF on the local console port, click in that cell to change it to ON. This can be enabled on a per port basis: