SC1008 (BCELTS) Alternate Blink on Indicators
- We have seen some SC1008s (BCELTS) in the field which display blinking indicators. In these cases the red and green indicators will blink alternately, not together. Getting the relays into a known state does not resolve the issue.
Description/Explanation of Issue
We have found that some units have shipped with the optical sensor, which determines the relay state, shifted out of position. This causes the SC1008 (BCELTS) to be unable to determine its current status and give an error indication. To resolve this one must shift these further to the right.
- Disconnect both power supply sources and lockout/tag out appropriately.
- Loosen the screws above and below the white indicator cover.
- Shift the white cover (and thus the optical circuit board below it) as far to the right as you are able.
- Retighten the screws above and below.
- Perform the steps outlined in the installation manual (and below) for resetting the relays to a known state.
- Loosen the four screws on the white cover and remove it.
- Locate the four relay switches near the status LEDs.
- Using a flat blade screwdriver, carefully slide the relay switch to the left.
- Repeat for all four relays in the enclosure.
- Replace the cover to the enclosure.
- Reapply power from both sources and retest the unit.
SC1008 (BCELTS) Installation Manual: