Display no longer stays up due to faulty gas shocks.
Description/Explanation of Issue
If tightening gas shocks does not help then then the gas shocks will need to be replaced.
- This should only be done if tightening the gas shocks does not help as found in this article: Displays on Hog 4-18 are loose
- Part number for the gas shock is 80430154. They are sold individually and 2 are required on a console
- Before installing the new gas shock the bottom needs to be removed and the clip on the top needs to be removed.
- Using a large flathead screw driver, pry out the top of the faulty gas shock:
- Unscrew the bottom:
- Screw in the replacement gas shock.
- Line up the hole on the upper and and press it in using a flathead screw driver. Once it pops in, compare it to the other shock to be sure it has been fully inserted: