An ETC Source4 LED, Desire, or Color Source series fixture displays Colour 1, .... Colour 7 on a Hog 4 console
An ETC Source4 LED, Desire, or Color Source series fixture is working on the console, but the colors display as Colour 1, Colour 2, Colour 3 ... Colour 7.
There is not a way to control the fixture via CMY or Hue Saturation.
Description/Explanation of Issue
Hog4 consoles operate in a 3 point Red-Green-Blue or inverted Cyan-Magenta-Yellow color system. ETC Source4, LED, Desire, or Color Source series fixtures have several different LED emitter types that vary from fixture to fixture including: red, red-orange, orange, green, lime, mint, blue, cyan, indigo, white, 3200 kelvin, and 5000 kelvin.
There are several variants of the ETC Source4 LED, Desire, or Color Source series fixtures available to use. Each fixture also has several different sub-models including Lustr+, Tungsten, Daylight, Studio HD, and Cyclorama. Within each of these sub-models, there are several different mode options, including Direct, HSI, HSI+7, HSIC, HSIC+7, RGB, RGB+7, Studio, and Studio +7.
The fixture most likely is in Direct, HSI, HSI+7, HSIC, HSIC+7, Studio, or Studio +7 mode. These modes do not have normal Red-Green-Blue, or Cyan-Magenta-Yellow DMX mappings and as such can not be used by the Hog4 RGB and CMY color model. the 5 or 7 color LED system is different from fixture to fixture, so the color channels have to be named Colour 1, Colour 2, Colour 3 ... Colour 7 instead of their respective LED colors.
- Change the fixture to RGB or RGB+7 mode.
- These modes have all the same features as the other modes, but it allows the fixture to adapt a 3 channel RGB input from the console and convert it to the 5 or 7 color LED system respective to the fixture.
- The fixture can now use Hue and Saturation, or CMY encoder input from the console.
- An ETC Source4 LED, Desire, or Color Source series fixture is not shown in the fixture window on a Hog4 Console
- An ETC Source4 LED, Desire, or Color Source series fixture is not working properly on a Hog4 Console
- How to add a fixture library to Hog 4 OS
- How to perform a software full install on Hog 4 consoles