Occasionally a Full Install of the Hog 4 OS software may need to be performed on the console to perform a software upgrade or downgrade.
A full install will erase all data on a console's hard drive
- Ensure that all show data is backed up to an external media device, like a flash drive.
- Download the latest Full Install file from the High End website. The full install file has a .iso file extension.
Create a Full Install USB flash drive
If installing Hog 4 OS v3.9.0 and newer
If installing Hog 4 OS v3.8.0 and older
You will need the following
- 2GB or greater than USB flash drive
- Windows PC or a Mac running Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), or 10.10 (Yosemite)
The steps below will erase all content on the USB Flash Drive
Steps for Windows
- Download and install the Linux Live USB Creator application to your Windows PC. ( www.linuxliveusb.com/ )
- Insert a 2GB or larger USB flash drive into one of your computer's USB ports.
- Launch the Linux Live USB Creator application.
- In step 1 of Linux Live select the USB flash drive that you plugged into the computer.
- In step 2 of Linux Live click on the ISO/IMG/ZIP button.
- Use the browser that pops up to select the full restore file you downloaded from the HES website.
- Skip step 3 of Linux Live USB creator.
- In step 4 of Linux Live USB creator enable the following options:
- Hide created files on key
- Format the key in Fat32
- Click on the lightning bolt in step 5 of the Linux Live USB creator.
- A notification will pop up warning you that your USB flash drive contents will be erased. Click okay.
- When Linux Live USB Creator is finished it will alert you. Remove the USB flash drive from the computer and proceed with step four of the full install procedure listed on page 1 of this document.
Steps for Mac OS X
This process does not work on Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Download and install Unetbootin
- Open a terminal window on your Macintosh computer
- To access the terminal: Type "terminal" in the spotlight search field and click on the application "Terminal"
- Insert the USB flash drive you wish to use into one of the USB slots
- In the terminal window, type
diskutil listand hit ENTER
- Locate your USB flash drive in this list and type "sudo fdisk -e /dev/rdisk#" where # is the disk number of your USB flash drive and hit enter. When prompted, type in your computer password
pand hit ENTER
f 1and hit ENTER. The terminal window should now read "Partition 1 marked active"
writeand hit ENTER
- The terminal will read "A reboot will be needed for changes to take effect. OK? [n]" Type
- This will not restart your computer
exitand hit ENTER. You can close the terminal window
- Start Unetbootin
- Select the "Disk Image" option and make sure the "ISO" is selected from the drop down menu
- Ensure your USB flash drive is inserted in your Macintosh computer and is selected in the drive drop down menu in Unetbootin
- Click on the button with the three dots (browse button) and select the Hog 4 OS full restore .ISO file that you downloaded from the Hog 4 OS page
- When Unetbootin, is finished it will alert you
Power off the console
Insert the Full Install USB flash drive created in step 3
Connect a USB keyboard to your console. Unplug all other USB devices from the console
Power on the console
Wait for the System Installation screen to appear
To begin the software installation process, press [ enter ] on the external keyboard
If the blind key is flashing, you can hit [ Enter ] on the console
Or use the touch screen or trackball to click the "continue" button
The installation will take several minutes to complete
When the installation procedure is complete a "console installation complete" message will appear
Remove the Full Install USB flash drive from the console.
Press the [enter] key on the external USB keyboard.
Or use the touchscreen or trackball to click the "continue" button.
Or press the [enter] key on the console's front panel if the [blind] key is flashing.
The console will reboot and the newly installed software will now run.