Connecting to a known-working P-TS7 with the Paradigm Touchscreen Remote app results in a "Check IP or Network Settings" error.
Description/Explanation of Issue
This error occurs when the app cannot communicate with the P-TS7. There are a handful of reasons this can occur.
- Check to make sure that Mobile App Connection is enabled on your P-TS7.
- To do this, go to your P-TS7 Settings by pressing the recessed "Mode" button on the underside of your screen
- Go to "Comms" and click "Mobile App Settings"
- Make sure Mobile App Connection is "On"
- Also note down the Passcode if it is not blank and the port number
- Be sure the mobile device and the P-TS7 are on the same network and are in the same IP subnet. An access point is strongly recommended when accessing the Paradigm system wirelessly. If using a router to access the network, be sure your router is configured to let traffic pass between devices properly.
- The P-TS7 must be at firmware version 4.1.0 or greater to support Paradigm Touchscreen Remote.
- In the Mobile App Settings under the Comms tab of the P-TS7 setup, Mobile App Connection must be enabled. You can also set a passcode here.