LED fixtures flicker or do not respond when trying to communicate from Eos Family Console
Description/Explanation of Issue
Two of the most common culprits would be RDM or DMX speed.
Eos Family Consoles can have RDM over DMX and/or network enabled. If a fixture is not RDM-capable or does not fully meet RDM requirements, it can have issues digesting the RDM packets.
Eos Family Consoles have 4 speeds at which they can send DMX: max, fast, medium, slow. By default, all DMX ports are set to max. If a fixture is having issues getting packets that quickly, it may need the console to send at a slower rate.
- If the console is outputting via network, disable RDM.
- Exit -> Settings -> Network -> Interface Protocols
- If you have other RDM-capable devices between the console and the fixtures, make sure to disable RDM for them as well.
- If the console is outputting via DMX, disable RDM for the port(s).
- If the console is outputting via DMX, adjust the DMX speed to different rates, making sure to power cycle the console after each speed change.
- Flickering or Erratic Behavior and RDM: further information regarding RDM issues with LEDs