Unison Processor has no configuration loaded
Cannot control lights from Unison stations
Stations are waterfalling (LEDs on the stations light up one by one instead of just the button being pressed lighting up)
Description/Explanation of Issue
If you have any of the symptoms above, your Unison processor may have lost its architectural configuration. This configuration is a file that is loaded form a floppy disk onto the processor, and the processor uses it to tell all of the Unison button, slider, and touch screen stations what to do. You will need to reload the configuration using the Unison processor's menu and a floppy with the configuration saved to it. See below on how to confirm if there is no configuration, as well as how to load a configuration.
Determining if The Configuration is Gone
- Hold down the hidden Unison Menu Activate button located just above the multi-colored square and below the screen (see picture above). After holding down for a few seconds, you should see 'Menu Stat' appear on the screen
- Hit the yellow UP arrow button until you get to 'Menu Arch', press the green ENTER arrow button.
- You are in the architectural menu now. If you scroll through your options using the yellow UP arrow button, you should get the following options:
- Save to Disk
- Load from Disk
- If you only have options C and D, you do not have a configuration and need to load one.
Loading a Unison Architectural Configuration
- Have a floppy disk with the architectural configuration inserted in the floppy drive on the right side of the processor.
- Using steps 1 through 3 from the previous section, get to the screen that says 'Load from Disk' on the bottom line
- Press the green ENTER button, the processor will then read form the floppy disk
- Choose the configuration you want to load, then press the green ENTER button.
- Allow the processor to load the configuration. Once it is done, navigate back to the arch menu and you should have all 4 options from the previous section. If it looks good, go test your stations for functionality. If they are still waterfalling, the following article may help: Unison Station Not Working